View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 05:15 AM   #5
bato3500

Bummer! Fresh water systems use a pump to create pressure that forces the water out of the tank and through your plumbing. When you turn your pump on you should hear it running for a bit but it should shut off automatically. As pressure is released (running water or a leak) the pump should automatically turn on. First issue is not to let your pump run dry. This will ruin it and that can cost you a new pump. I would fill your tank, turn on the pump to add pressure and then hunt down your leak. You may need to follow the water. I have found that may times where you see the water is not where the leak is. Water travels. Second thing is values, fittings and pipes can crack or split. You may not see the damage until the system has pressure to force the water through the damaged plumbing. Once you find the leak it is off to the RV center for parts. One last thought. Don't assume that there is only one leak. I had a new trailer a few years ago that the first time I used the fresh water tank I had leaks in multiple fittings. Whoever did the install straightened the fittings and cracked several. Good luck.
bato3500 is offline   Reply With Quote