View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #90
JRTJH
Site Team

Jim's comments are "spot on"...

I don't believe anyone on this forum "gets their jollies" from trying to "one up" someone (that they don't know and will likely never meet) who has a "smaller truck than their truck"...

Rather, I think that many "under rated rig owners" get upset when someone forces them to "think about the unknown"... Note that last word: UNKNOWN...

Anyone who tows a heavy trailer with ANY tow vehicle and who doesn't KNOW what their rig weighs is "kidding themself with guesses, not facts".

Weigh your rig, front axle on pad 1, rear axle on pad 2 and trailer axles on pad 3. Get out, remove the loading from the equalizer bars, weigh a second time, then pull off the scale, unhitch the trailer, return to the scale, front axle on pad 1 rear axle on pad 2. With those three weight slips, you'll have FACTS not GUESSES.... As for cost, the first weigh is $12 and each reweigh (within a 24 hour time frame) is $2.50, so your total cost should be $17. (FAQ question 12: https://catscale.com/contact-us/faq/ )

Whether you choose to share the FACTS on this forum is irrelevant, at least to me, but YOU really need to KNOW the FACTS so YOU can make INFORMED decisions about what you're towing on the public highways that WE share with you.

Bottom line: BE SAFE AND KNOW YOUR RIG'S CAPABILITY BASED ON FACTS, NOT GUESSES.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote