View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by levic900rr View Post
Hey Team, I'm planning out a change to the way my 12V power is configured on the tongue of my trailer. Its a 2020 Passport 239ML (which we LOVE) but my OCD won't let me leave this alone...

My plan is to install a better power distribution block inside the passthrough with a main battery shut off switch. This way everything is protected from the weather, and I can actually shut off my battery without pulling the box apart.

My question is, has anyone messed with pulling the underbelly down so you can get to the stuff inside? If so, whats my best bet to get those weird nails out?

As you can see right now all this wiring is hanging off the front frame rail out in the weather and then everything runs into the underbelly. I want to follow it back cut the wires back and just have a single power and ground running into the trailer.

Any other thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You and I have the same MY camper -
Be sure to tug on each of those crimped wires. Two of the positive wires pulled out of their terminals while I was tying up the sloppy loops of excess wires the second week I had it (barely crimped). I crimped on new properly sized ring lugs and proceeded to tighten down the rest of the nuts on the circuit breakers as well. Since we both have the same TT, it's likely the same team of assemblers (or team member) at Keystone crimped your wires just as he/she did on mine. Poor connections equal big trouble later.

I like the ideas here on the PVC box. A Jayco I had came with a metal junction box on the front and a basic metal cover keeping most of the breakers out of the driving rain, but it allowed any water penetration to simply drain out as well. I've often thought of doing the same on the Passport, but I'll wait until the warranty is up to get that far into the rewiring.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote