View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
TK1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
I've been trying to plan a 2 1/2 month trip from NY to Duluth GA, Savannah Ga, down to Florida, then head west toward Houston.

All the planning has turned into a real chore, and I'm getting tired of trying to figure it all out. We have camped before, but never for this length of time, and usually just go and find someplace on the way to stay.

I was wondering if any of you full timers travel this way, and if so, how difficult was it to find campgrounds to stay without planning more than a week ahead. We will be traveling from 3rd week of December thru end of March, so probably peak season down south.

I'm thinking about joining Thousand Trails, and specifically would like to know of your successes or failures in finding a spot with minimal or no reservations with Thousand Trails. Info about last minute check-ins at non-Thousand Trails campgrounds also would be appreciated.

We aren't set up yet for boondocking, so we need full hookups.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.

We have always had a reservation for at least the first stop on any trip just to make sure that we had a spot for at least the first night. We can give you a couple of good recommendations though.

Brunswick GA.
Coastal Georgia RV Resort https://www.coastalgarvresort.com
great location right off I-95, great facilities, great staff and close to both Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island for day trips.

St. Augustine FL.
Compass RV Resort https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts...pass-rv-resort
Great facility, super friendly staff and shuttle service to downtown St. Augustine

Port St. Joe FL
Presnell's Bayside Marina & RV Resort presnellsrvresort.com
A little bit out of the way south of I-10, but well worth the drive right on St. Joe Bay. Great facilities, super friendly owners (Bud & Mary)
TK1 is offline   Reply With Quote