Thread: Staying warm
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #18
On the Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I would suggest that modern electric heaters (oil and resistance) are every bit as safe, unattended, as the latest RV propane furnace. Yes, Google will successfully provide fodder for an opposing opinion.
Might I ask where an individual would mount three large fire extinguishers inside an RV? If you tell me that one will be in the children's sleeping area you won't stand a chance in this discussion.

1. Master bedroom on the floor next to my side of the bed
2. Corner next to the settee far side between the main area and bunkhouse
3. Bunkhouse room corner between door and electrical panel.

4. Outside next to the steps go into the unit.

Both my boys, ages 16 and 9, have actually discharged a practice extinguisher at our local volunteer fire department and had a blast doing it. We have practiced evacuation exits from the RV. They know where the extinguisher is in their room, the one in main area and the one outside the door. They will stand a chance.

What makes you think they won't and tell me why I won't stand a chance in this discussion? I've seen what fire does first hand and how fast it does it, especially when you're not prepared. I'm doing my best that it doesn't happen to me or my family.

These extinguishers aren't as big as you make them out to be. They are good choice for an RV or a vehicle. I have one on my UTV as well. Way better than the tiny 5 second extinguishers that came with the unit. These will go 15+ seconds continuous use.

What's your plan? Hope you wake up?

On the Job is offline   Reply With Quote