View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #58
wiredgeorge

Have to admit a few months ago to backing into my parking spot and not being able to see enough with my trailer mirrors due to the very sharp angle I ran over a 12' cactus; The majority of the thing is about 18" above the ground and there is a real tall stalk that looks like a walking cane with some seed stuff on top. Dented my coke-can metal back by the rear stab-jack. It pounded back out easy enough but I had to drag the big ol' cactus corpse off into the brush. Wouldn't have happened if the new rear camera had been installed and that is what prompted me.

I have been backing up very poorly for years and not a lot better today. My wife and I agree she needs to be somewhere else during my backing fiascos as a laughing witness doesn't aid the process. I have a big rig trucker buddy named Roy back into spaces with inches on each side and not hit what was on the end. I ain't Roy. When I was a volunteer fireman many years in the past, we had to drive down a diminishing runway marked by cones and then stop the firetruck prior to the cones situated at the end which were not visible... had to get within 6" to pass... lucky they didn't make me buy the cones I assassinated.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote