View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 06:56 AM   #81
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNoecker View Post
I understand that it’s a dealer problem, but they are a representative of the manufacturer. Put pressure on the manufacturer and they will hopefully, if quality control measures are actually being utilized, will mandate minimum requirements for the dealer.

The dilemma I now find myself in is: camping this weekend on our first trip with it and even only running the fridge during daylight ours and very minimal use of anything else (think tent camping), I do not have enough juice to put my slide outs in while trying to pack up this morning.

RV dealerships are not at all like car dealerships. In fact, they aren't "representatives" of Keystone, Forest River or any other RV brand, they're "dealers". The dealership chooses which RV lines it will carry, the manufacturers don't own the dealerships. I've seen dealerships drop specific model lines because they were too hard to deal with or quality wasn't up to snuff or they can add manufacturers/models. So when thinking about an RV dealership vs car dealership think of it more like "Big Bob's Used Cars" mega lot. Lots of cars from different manufacturers and he has no tie to any of them. Bob just chose those cars, put them on the lot and sells them. He may have a garage in the back for those 90 day warranty jobs and he may not.

As far as the battery issue on yours as John pointed out that would be a dealer issue and not Keystone. As it says, "batteries not included" meaning someone has to pick up the tab for whatever they may be. Looks like the dealer put in a couple but weren't the lithium....but I'm assuming you didn't pay a line item for them anyway right?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote