View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 07:11 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Extended warranties: I have only seen a select few that require annual inspection, there is a checklist that we have to sign off and IIRC it costs about $300.00 each time. They don’t start until the factory warranty expires so your paying for coverage you “can’t use”. I bought an extended warranty only because I was retired and didn’t like the thought of buying another fridge/AC. At 4 yrs my AC did quit and I only paid $100 deductible. I had EZ care, no annual inspections, but there are numerous others. They generally only pay for a failed component, not cosmetic things.

Would I do it again? Not anymore since I have acquired years of experience working on these marvels, but a person who is not versed in the skills needed to diagnose/repair these things it might me well worth it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote