View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 08:07 AM   #1
mtwaggin

2022 Keystone Passport - Yay or Nay?

I'm a prospect and have been down rabbit holes for weeks and still on the fence about the 268bh trailer. Floor plan is the bomb for us BUT I do have some questions for you all that are bothering me.

1. It is a trailer built during the boom in business (and covid) and honestly that is probably my biggest concern because of what I've seen in the forums and elsewhere about quality control and parts issues (including but not limited to the Lippert frames), many leaky roof issues, leaky slides, plumbing issues and some structural as well as some axel/leaf spring issues. Those are pretty huge and my pet peeve is plumbing issues most of all.

It seems like most built before 2019 - people are very happy with but after that things went awry. Any input from the group and do you have a 2019-2022 trailer that has issues.

2. Keystone and Dealer warranty coverage (aka the royal run around). Now I'm pretty handy and most things I just take care of but BIG stuff that requires tearing apart the trailer or replacing a roof - no way. It does seem like the dealers are the key to these things (and I'll admit the dealer I'm looking to buy from doesn't have a stellar reputation for service - even their sales people admit). I did go out to BBB to just see what kind of Keystone responses there were - it's pretty generic where yes say, Forest River has as many complaints but their responses seem much more helpful and less scripted. Input from the group?

3. To be fair I'd love to hear from newer owners what their feeling is about the quality of their trailers. I'm seeing pretty stable comments about mostly love for pre 2019. Honestly I'm a data analyst by profession, I'd love to know are 90% of the later models really super great and only 10% suck?

Thanks y'all!

Sherry
mtwaggin is offline   Reply With Quote