View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyslinger View Post
I'm about to install a 12v Cannon in my 2012 Outback to replace my OEM Dometic...going from 6 cuft to 10.4 cuft in the same amount of space. Testing it in my garage now. Why is there not more discussion on these 12v fridges???
I have no idea on the why of your question. I know a lot of folks like the fact that the traditional absorption fridge can be used while travelling, but so can the 12V fridge and so can the residential fridge (as long as you have an inverter for it and enough battery power).

The fact that my absorption fridge never really worked good from day one, kept pushing me to try improvements.....adding fans in the rear compartment area, fixing the door flap issue, trying different things with the thermistor location on the inside fins....pretty much to no avail. I finally accepted defeat and had the 12V compressor mod done and I'm very happy with it. I didn't gain any cu. ft. of space, since the same fridge went back in, but 18 cu. ft. was plenty big for us.....and now it actually works as a fridge should work.

The 12V fridges are relatively new to the RV world, so probably just not a lot of acceptance for them yet. You did good, hopefully, going from 6 cu. ft. to about 10 1/2 cu ft. I've never heard of the Cannon brand fridge before, so hopefully it's something you researched and it turns out to be a great product for you.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote