View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #3
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Interesting you post this, Javi. A few weeks back we made a run from the campground to help my son-in-law on the side of I-95. They had a rear wheel blow out on their Forest River Salem Hemisphere while inbound to the campground. As we (brother-in-law and I) pulled up, I jumped out of the truck and grabbed my breaker bar and sockets (while in the FD I would do something similar except with an axe or halligan tool in my hand). SIL didn't have the right size socket with him, hence the call for help. I went to break loose the lug nuts and the aluminum wheel just turned on the torn up china bomb. Every blow out I've ever encountered (trailer or TV) I was always able to break the lugs loose. Not this time. My BIL handed me his Dewalt 20v impact over my shoulder and said, "here, try this." 20 seconds later all lugs were loose. Never thought about packing heat in the back of the truck with 20v impact.

I bought one a few days later as a "tool only" and tossed in one of my other 20v batteries - it's the new "don't leave home without it" item.

That's good price especially with two 5ah batteries. Oh, BTW - SIL is now ordering a set of 5 Carlisles. I warned him a year ago to change tire brands.
Good for him, you live and learn if you're lucky
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote