View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 03:58 AM   #7
{tpc}

Is it safe to support the trailer with the jackstands on the axle tubes then? Or how do you do it?

I will be at a friends house with solid footing underneath and he will be helping. Of course this means that I need to try and do this as quickly and easily as possible.

My plan will involve at least my 4 jackstands, my 2 floor jacks, and the 4 corner stabilizers. Stranger things have happened but the trailer slipping off its supports with no wheels on it does not concern me. Worst case scenario would be that every single jackstand and floor jack would have to fail or slip and then the stab jacks would have to break off. Plus my buddy has at least one floor jack himself, maybe two and I'm sure a few jackstands as well. So I just don't see anything bad occurring.

I just want to make sure I am supporting it in the correct locations to not hurt anything. I feel the same way about this when i work on any vehicle. Most vehicles tell you where to place your jack that they gave you for changing a tire...but most don't tell you the proper place to put the floor jack and jackstands when doing real work. Sometimes you can put it in the wrong spot and damage things. That is what I am trying to avoid.