View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #52
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Certainly a personal choice. My intent was NOT to open a "personal opinion discussion about personal secuity concerns" but rather to provide the "rules for reimbursement" imposed by Keystone. Whether you, me, the masses or nobody agrees with their rule, it is, for the most part, either provide the information so their parent company THOR can (in their words) "make sure our books stay in compliance" or not get reimbursed.

To me, it's much the same as showing an ID to get on an airplane. My ID has "personal information" and when Delta or United "scans it for the flight manifest" that information is "available to hackers"... So is my credit card information when I walk through the scanners at WalMart or Lowe's.... or, to go even further, when I cashed the Mobil One rebate check at my credit union, Mobil Oil Company, "instantly" had access to my name, address, credit union account number and can, from that, if they get "hacked" all my data is available, just from cashing a rebate check worth $7.

I took the time to provide what Keystone's requirement is and "why" they say they need it. What you choose to do with that information, like the information they require, is "personal"...
JR, thanks for taking the time to dig up the info. And I do understand their need for the info. Life is all about choices. I was only expressing my thoughts. I try to do a cost/benefit or risk/reward analysis when I can, and then decide what's in my best interest.

I once stayed 10 extra days at my in-laws house waiting on a dometic fridge circuit board warranty replacement. We'd already been there too long. Later I learned I could have bought a Dinosaur replacement board for $120 and been on my way. I didn't know enough back then. If faced with the same circumstances today, my cost/benefit analysis would have said: overnight that purchase asap and forego the warranty. Just an example of real life circs and cost/benefit analysis. LOL
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote