View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 08:03 AM   #51
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
John, I understand why they are required to have a W-9, I’m just not a fan of handing my personal information out to another company. I’ve been through enough with one company who was hacked and I (along with many others) had to take aggressive defensive actions against identity theft. I’m not going through that again (yes, all three bureaus are now frozen). But $60 isn’t worth it, to me anyway. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Well said. Couldn't agree more.
Certainly a personal choice. My intent was NOT to open a "personal opinion discussion about personal secuity concerns" but rather to provide the "rules for reimbursement" imposed by Keystone. Whether you, me, the masses or nobody agrees with their rule, it is, for the most part, either provide the information so their parent company THOR can (in their words) "make sure our books stay in compliance" or not get reimbursed.

To me, it's much the same as showing an ID to get on an airplane. My ID has "personal information" and when Delta or United "scans it for the flight manifest" that information is "available to hackers"... So is my credit card information when I walk through the scanners at WalMart or Lowe's.... or, to go even further, when I cashed the Mobil One rebate check at my credit union, Mobil Oil Company, "instantly" had access to my name, address, credit union account number and can, from that, if they get "hacked" all my data is available, just from cashing a rebate check worth $7.

I took the time to provide what Keystone's requirement is and "why" they say they need it. What you choose to do with that information, like the information they require, is "personal"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote