View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
My previous Keystone Outback had only 1 AC. It was 35 feet long. It was ducked, but it also had "dump vent" on the AC, so everything would blow out right at the AC. It originally came with a 13.5 BTU and it was not adequate for even moderate heat. We ended up switching it out for a 15,000 BTU which worked very well after that.

There were times and occasions when the ducked part worked great, and other times the "dump" feature was beyond priceless. The AC was right in the middle of the camper, over the kitchen, so when traveling, the "dump" feature would cool the kitchen and living room very quick. But then later, switched to the ducked and let it cool the bed room.

Our current Montana fifth wheel has a front living room and kitchen in the middle. The front living room as a 15,000 BTU AC - heat pump all ducked. The heat pump works great through the ducks alone. The AC works great alone, especially at night.

The front and back are ducked together. But the bed room also has the dump feature, the living room does not. When using the dump feature in the bed room, it cools very, very fast, especially since it's a smaller room (even with the slide out).

When it's set's on ducked and the front living room is running (ducked), we have no problems. Both AC's blow a slightly different temperature out of the ducks, which is to be expected as the ducks travel in the ceiling and the farther from the AC, the warmer that duck blows. There can be as much as 10 degrees difference between the closes one to the AC and the farthest one from the AC, if only one is running, either front or back. When both are running, they are all pretty consistent.

Another feature about having both ducked together, if sitting in the living room, we can run the AC in the bed room, and it will keep the living room cool without the noise of the AC. And in the bed room, we can run the living room AC and it will keep the bed room (freezing) at night without the noise of the AC running.

Ducked, or Dump? I'd rather have the ducked.
How do you clean up after all those ducks? sorry, I know I can't point fingers after seeing some of my posts.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote