View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I received an email this morning approving my claim. They are now requiring I fill out and return a W-9 before they reimburse the $60 I paid. I’m not a fan of this move. Did they require you to submit a W-9?
Keystone has required a W-9 for reimbursement for at least the last 10 years. It's not a "new for this recall" or "something only you are being asked to do"..

Here's the Keystone FAQ explaning it:

Why do I have to fill out a W-9 form for a reimbursement?

As a subsidiary of Thor Industries (a publicly traded company), Keystone RV Company is guided by a number of Thor policies. One of those is how our company documents outgoing payments. While our company's payment to you may or may not be a taxable event, it is our policy to have a Federal Identification Number for every payee, which we collect via the W-9 form. This helps us make sure our books stay in compliance. Note: By providing this information, it does not automatically indicate that any payment you receive from Keystone would be subject to Income Tax, however, Keystone cannot provide you with any tax advice so we would recommend you discuss your specific situation with your tax professional to determine your tax liability, if any, as a result any payments from Keystone RV Company.

https://www.keystonerv.com/owners-how-to

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote