View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
did you find that 36' with the 15' extension was good? my problem is that I already have a 25' power cord, which is why I wanted to go to a 50' extension. Decisions decisions. lol. I suppose in a pinch I could alway just use my 30 amp extensions. The reel is a good idea though.. will look at my compartment and see if it will fit.

So far we've never used the 15' extension. With the old 30' cable I did have a few occasions where I would have to reposition the trailer so the cable would reach the power ped...barely. In my recollections I seemed another 6' would fix those past situations so I found the 36 footer and went with that; so far it has fit everywhere we've been (we only stay in commercial RV parks). In your case with the existing 25' I think I would just go with an additional 30' cable. That would give you either one to use at a site (whichever one fit best) and then a total of 55' if you needed to use them together. Keep in mind I use an 18" sacrificial extension at the ped that goes into my EMS (probably another 18") which would give me an additional 3' over the standard length of my cable.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote