View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
On our old 5er had the Towmax Power Kings after about a 1000 miles they started popping like balloons this was back in 2014. I did a lot of online reading and decided to go with the Hercules 901's after a year or so on a trip to Eufaula, Al (about 500 round trip) I had two of em separate one going and one on the way home. When I got home I inspected the other two and one of them had started to separate. I ordered Saliun 637"s (the ones from China) and had them installed and pulled the 5er about 5000 miles two years in row and never had any issues. As a matter of fact they still looked like new when we traded it in. As for the ones from Vietnam who knows??? have a buddy that has a Grand Design 5er and he had issues with the factory tires and ordered the S637's when he got em they were the Vietnam ones, he hasn't traveled that much since he got em so I am kinda waiting to see if he has issues with em.
Yea my 2014 Alpine.. as did ALL 2014 Alpines came OEM with 10 ply E rated TK tires... they were thrown away at 500 miles.. been running Les Schwab Geo Start 14 ply G rated tires since late 2014...

ANd.. ALL 2015 Alpines came with 14 Ply G rated tires... And YES.. my Sendel OEM wheels stamped 110psi

My next tires will be either Hercules or S637 series and I upsized from the OEM 235/80 to 235/85 series....

The Sailun has a great rack record as well except I am seeing several posts on the Montana RV site with Sailun failures for the 235/80x16 tires made in Vietnam... The ones made in China appear to be great

The Sailun failures are complete tread blow offs.. some with as little as 500 miles on them

In the end its all a crap shoot... If the Geo Stars were still offered by Les Schwab Id go right back with those... over 34K miles and mine are almost 7 years old.. They will be replaced in 2022 just because... Cosmetically they look almost as good as the day they were installed

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote