View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
German Shepherd Guy

Hello LeeB. I have a 2019 26RBPR. I believe that with a 1500 you will be a little over matched by the trailer. The 6.2 is PLENTY of engine. It will PULL the trailer. What you will need to be concerned with is the capacity to carry the weight. Your door sticker will tell you how much weight you can carry. Add ALL the people, STUFF and PETS you will have IN THE truck. Add the weight of the hitch (typically 13% of the trailer weight) Add another 100lbs for your weight distribution hitch. Now subtract that from the amount your sticker in the door says you can carry. Is there any left?

Specs say that the 26RBPH is a bit over 6000 lbs, BUT they do not figure in the weight of the batteries, propane tanks, and any water you will carry. They DO NOT figure in the weight of the stuff you will put in the trailer. Specs list a tongue weight of 750lbs. (based on the EMPTY trailer) But a more realistic weight will be 1000 to 1200 lbs. So, to be safe, all the peoples weight, stuff you will carry in the truck, pets, hitch weight, plus 1200lbs should be added together and that total needs to be less than the amount that the sticker says you can carry. I am thinking, even with a well outfitted tow package on a 1500 you will be over. I could be wrong. Only you can do the figuring on what you will be towing but trust me when I say that towing over your limit will result in the tail wagging the dog and THAT is a truly scary experience.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote