View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #26
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr fixit View Post
It could be a thermal switch in the motor kicking out , cooling down and coming back in. This may be caused by to much drag on the room. I have a 12ft slide on my trailer it has kicked the thermal switch before. This week the room started dragging bad and jerking, I read some forums about wear bars, what a bad design. The room's most weight is on both sidewalls and people where greasing the bottom of their room with something called zep45. Never herd of the stuff. So I tried to think of something slick and water proof, I was walking around a flee market and saw a bottle of petroleum jelly for a dollar. I went back to the campground applied the stuff liberally to the bottom of the room about 3 inches wide on both sides, and now the room goes in and out smoothly. So even if this does not fix your problem now remember this it may help down the road.
I have been using white luitheum spray grease on my sides for 2 years , it stoped the jerking and bouncing . My slide cables are different tightness when out the slides closes perfectly and no worn cables. I think the system over all is very poor for slide out rooms .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote