View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
Are you sure about that Generac comment, this is what I see on their web site

True Power™ Technology delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
It does that with a constant 3600 RPM two tap generator and a sophisticated voltage regulator. So, yeah, I'm sure about that Generac comment. There's one sitting beside my gas meter on the side of the house. Generac Gardian series home standby generators are not inverter technology and mine runs everything in my house (including the new 75" LG HDTV).

I won't suggest (don't think I even implied it) that an inverter generator produces a 'cleaner' AC power. What I did state (more than suggested, stated) is that for a 2002 RV, there's no need to stop using an open face generator that's been supplying power for years "just because there's a new type generator on the market".... In other words, if it ain't burned it up in the past 17 years, chances are darned good that you can keep using it without worry.....

Saying that an inverter generator is necessary for an older RV is much like saying "a half ton truck can't pull a half ton trailer".... It really depends on much more than just "titles and brand names".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote