View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #23
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
George,

Your trailer is a 2002 model. The "fancy electronics" is not a consideration for you. Although the inverter generator will provide a "cleaner sine wave" the electronics in your trailer will work well with a "modified sine wave" generated by a 3600 RPM contractor generator just as well as with a "high priced inverter style".... Now, if you've installed a "state of the art HD television" or a "Bluetooth hair dryer" or a "Echo security system".... Well, all bets are off... Otherwise, with a 15 year old air conditioner and a "bottom line microwave" you shouldn't have any problems as long as the voltage is "roughly 60 cycles and 110-125 volts.

Now, if you had the "in-command system" and other sensitive electronics.... well, I'd agree, chances are a contractor generator isn't your best bet...

Seems funny, to me at least, that everyone is "preaching the need for an inverter generator for RV use, but every "high priced S&B" with a Generac standby system is using "contractor generator technology" to run those "million dollar homes" during a power outage.... For most electronics, there isn't a hill of beans difference as far as what the trailer sees and how it works....
Are you sure about that Generac comment, this is what I see on their web site

True Power™ Technology delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote