View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
wayfun

Subvet, we looked at the 294RK and decided on a 2015 322RL instead. The floorplan is similar from the bathroom forward. While I think the 294RK is a very nice trailer I'll give you our logic for moving to the 322RL. We use the trailer as a winter home in Florida and it is just my wife and I. We were very comfortable in it for 4 1/2 month last fall and winter. We preferred the 322RL for it's seating position relative to the entertainment center. We didn't want to have to turn and look 90 degrees to the side in order to watch TV. With the 322RL the TV is easily visible from the sofa or recliners. Also, my wife preferred the island kitchen configuration and the pantry. Our last trailer had a pantry similar to the 294RK with deep cabinets and she had trouble reaching to the back of the cabinet. The 322RL pantry is wide but shallow.

If you plan to use the trailer in hot climates I would encourage you to opt for the second AC unit. We did. The single 15K AC unit will struggle to keep it comfortable as the temperature approaches 90 degrees. If you do opt for the second AC unit see the thread I started regarding the duct work.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ghlight=laredo

The first change we made was the mattress. We tried the original mattress in the back yard when we brought the trailer home and tossed it out before we even used it. We switched to an inexpensive memory foam mattress from Amazon and love it.

I can't help you much on the tow vehicle. Your truck is more capable than mine. Other than the initial trip to Florida, I only have to pull the trailer from storage to our lot. I pull it with a 2009 Tahoe with a 6.2L and 3:42 rear end. The CAT scales confirmed that I am about 1200 lbs OVER my GCVWR. I only pull it two times a year, once from storage in the fall and once to return to storage. And when I pull I pull slow and easy. Rarely over 50 mph. However, I did pull it to Florida down I-75 and it actually towed better than my previous 28ft Jayco. If I had planned to travel frequently with the trailer I would have upgraded to better tow vehicle. I just have no need for a truck the other 363 days of the year.

So far we've been very satisfied with the quality of the Laredo and we would buy it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1315.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	9561  
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote