View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
I am looking at at 2015 294RK at a local Mom and Pop dealer. Trying to avoid the conglomo dealer if I can.

If you have one or have had one I would appreciate your observations about the TT. Have you towed one with a 1/2 ton? It will be under the limit for my truck the way it is configured by about 1000lbs.

Thanks,
You've included no information about which 1/2 ton truck you plan to use. There is much to consider when pairing a travel trailer to a tow vehicle. The usual "GVW and engine size" are only the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to what to consider. As an example, there are half ton "small v-6" vehicles with a "large GVW" and on the other end of the spectrum, there are half ton "big v-8's" with a "small GVW". The range between those two includes a number of "very capable" tow vehicles as well as some "very poorly equipped" tow vehicles. Which half ton do you have and how is it equipped? With that information, you'll get much better advice on what to expect. All in all, the 294RK is an extremely large travel trailer and is, at best, "on the cliff" of being more than most half ton trucks can handle.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote