View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
cospilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Keep in mind that " the 14 year old doesn't seem that interested in camping." Rest assured that won't change in the coming four years. After he/she's 18 he'll either be away at college or you can "break their plate." But for the next four years that child is yours to, can I use the word "contend" with? Maybe it would be best to drop the RV search for a few years and concentrate on other interests.
that is not the issue, she does not want to sleep on the bunk beds in back when she does come with us. other times she does not go it is because she wants to hang out with her older sister who has since moved out.
she is a little over weight and self conscience about that. the bunks state they have a 150 lb weight restriction on them.
and until that was discovered she was happy in the bunk.
now she sleeps on the fold out sofa.

the new camper has a similar sofa and if no one plans to sleep on the bunks i see no reason in having that wasted space back there.

i also realized there are no windows in the keystone worth mentioning. the rears are in the bunks. the pass side are in the master bedroom and kitchen and none in front.
it makes for a pretty dark interior leaving only the ones on the slide-out useful at all.
i think i want a more open floor plan. i like the power driven stabilizer jacks, the fact it's already wired for sat and cable, it has a walk on roof and ladder. more interior space, better insulation, a water filter, and a 5.1 surround receiver standard.
i plan to watch TV while camping so a lot of those things are important to ME
the good news is im being offered within 1k of what i bought it for as a trade in at the dealer since i bought it at wholesale.

i may end up advertising locally to see if i can get 25k for it, i know retail is around 30K i can get the new forest river for only 27K from a wholesaler (retail 44k) but they wont take my trade i have to unload it on my own.
cospilot is offline   Reply With Quote