View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #55
HeadShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old soldier View Post
Our 2018 Montana HC 31re furnace had a brain cramp in Texas our first trip. Furnace would kick in-off-on-off. 32 degrees outside, so we turned on the fireplace. Called a mobile tech who found Keystone used a resetting 12v fuse. They don’t work well anyhow, but too much heat and drain so close to the fuse. I popped in a standard 12v faze and it worked flawlessly. For a while. Tech eventually swapped out the entire panel (not the converter). No issues after that. Came across a family with a brand new 40+ footer....no electrics worked. They sorta slept in the closed kitchen that night and left the next morning. Keystone has too many construction/quality control issues for me. After owning a KZ, I’m aware any company will have problems. After restoring a 1964 Fireball Meteor, I’m confident I can work on many things in campers. But electronics and electricals can be daunting! The Keystone TV lash up is totally screwed up. Couldn’t get/hold a Dishnetwork signal. Turned out Keystone used splitters....something that will not, can not work. Now have dedicated lines directly from the two TV in terminals to two of the three TVs (why anyone wants three TVs escapes me.. ..why they need one in the belly is laughable). Our dealer, Camping world in Marshfield, MO ate roughly $2,400.00 fixing all that plus other items. A dealers shouldn’t be “the last ten feet” of an assembly line as one dealer put it! Montanas aren’t extremely expensive, but they cost too much for the headaches we receive after pickup. Fewer issues with our Cougar.

On off on off on furnance can be from the propane tank being too cold. Vapor pressure is too low to sustain lit furnance.