View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #19
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Propane tanks (of any size) should only ever be filled to 80% of stated capacity to allow for expansion of the gas as temperature fluctuates. To help avoid excessive heat gain (and subsequent gas expansion), outside propane tanks are almost always white. Interestingly enough, many of the Keystone units come through with a black plastic propane tank cover, which of course defeats the intent of painting the tanks white.

That is true, we live very rural and so live off of a 1000 gal. propane tank. Full is 800 gallons. The small tanks are white (or some light gray) just to keep the heat down. When we bought our new 26RBPR it had black covers as stated above.
I replaced with white cover.

Also agree with Frank (the OP) about capacity so replaced the 20's with 30's.

Frank, you can use them on your grill you just have to set them to the side instead of underneath.
More and more around here refill places are selling by the gallon instead of by weight. I think rather than worry about how full the 20's are, as per Sourdough, switching out to 30's is the way to go. I don't think the additional tongue weight on the TT is noticeable. I have never noticed but where do Fifth wheels carry their tanks?
Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote