View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #5
X-Jaywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If the antenna is a Winegard Wingman crankup, there's a 12 volt booster switchplate somewhere in the trailer. My guess would be in the bedroom behind the TV location or in a cupboard in the bedroom (if you're sure it's not behind the main TV).....

Are you the "original owner" ??? Is it possible that a previous owner used "only cable" or "only satellite" and removed the booster switchplate to replace it with a "non Winegard switchplate" ???

I'd make a guess that if you have a "hidden switchplate in the OFF position" and install a second "upgraded switchplate" it would not provide power to the booster amplifier in the antenna head if the "one that you haven't found" remains in the OFF position. In other words, adding another switch to the circuit won't turn on the "missing switch"....
Wow! I feel like a newbie. The 12V booster was in the bedroom (mounted on the ceiling). As previously stated we are new to this 5th wheel (we are the 2nd owners) and it is so dark back there and we have never had a TV in that location....that I didn't even think to look. LOL Learn something new everyday. Thank you
Anderson Ultimate 3200
2016 RAM 6.7CTD,4x4,CC, 38 Aux Fuel Tank, Airbags
X-Jaywalker is offline   Reply With Quote