View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 06:58 PM   #10
vampress_me

Growing up, my family’s camping was done in motels. Hubby’s family camped his whole life growing up. When hubby and I got married 26 years ago, we did tent camping around Laramie, WY on the weekends sometimes so we could fish for fun while in college. And then the one weekend - thunderstorm came through at 11pm, and hubby was packing up a tent in the rain while I huddled in the car because I’m a chicken when it comes to thunder (lightning doesn’t scare me, the thunder does - go figure ).

After that, we would camp occasionally with his parents in the mountains while work/ kids/ life took over.

Fast forward to 2014. Hubby wants to go look for a TT so he could go fishing in SE MN (trout area) and we would be comfy with him if storms came up. Looked at TTs and I wasn’t impressed. Took one step into our Cougar X-Lite and it was the one. No ifs, ands, or buts. We now have a seasonal site down in SE MN that we stay at most weekends except if we head out west, and have taken the camper to NY state and out west back to MT and WY more times than I can count. We love the camper/ camping and I wish we would have gotten back into it much sooner when the kids were younger.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote