View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
My missus looks at Facebook Marketplace camper ads; of course the bigger the camper, the niftier the floor plan and that catches her eye. Of course, the FB seller often doesn't included the model; only make and product line. Yesterday my wife saw a 2007 Sunnybrook Bristol Bay she really liked; and it WAS a great floor plan. Sent the seller a note asking specific model and got a picture of the weight sticker from the side of the trailer. 15000 lbs gross weight. I figured out the trailer was 37' long. Now my old F350's payload is about 4K lbs but I think this might be one of the cases where that is too much weight to tow for my truck. I have no idea what towing weight Ford conjured up for a 2006 F350XL 4x4 CC LB with 6.0/automatic with 3.73 rear end but I wouldn't really feel comfortable dragging 15K lbs except over the Bonneville Salt Flats (maybe). Ford chart I found claimed 15,400 lbs tow capacity. Right.
But George you're probably not going to fully load it & only going 50 miles, right?
So you'll never know it's back there!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote