View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:18 AM   #10
smiles5160

Some thoughts

Just some thoughts here,

Every 90 days? Really? What is the cost? TCO?

What if the trailer is covered for the winter or for 6 months a year. ?
What if the leak is not on a roof seal?
What if every screw in the trim moulding is rusty on a 4 year old trailer?
What if the trim design is bad out of the factory and is leaking at day one?
What if the roof seal that is not on roof sealant is not complete out of the factory?
What is Keystone extends the aluminum trim up the vertical rear corner of the coach and folds in onto the roof and that leaks?

I have a list for my 4 yr old Keystone I just finished fixing. New bearings, roof repair, cabinet repair, roof re-seal, sagging cable slide. Some normal yearly stuff, some stuff that should never fail. This is the 2000's.

I am spinning up all the videos of the repair and will post them here.

The quick summary. Keystone screwed up the roof design, the wrapped the aluminum over the roof screwed in down and covered it with trim vinyl. They put a touch of silicone on that part, but, it was not a visible joint the receives Roof Sealant. Which means it was not touched in the regular roof maintenance. I HAD TO REBUILD THE WHOLE REAR CORNER!!!!!!! The wood part of the roof corner was basically black powder, which means the leak was DAY 1.

I stared checking screw behind the vinyl trim around the coach, found some loose, found nearly all rusted on the threads. These are not “Sealed” joints, just crappy parts.

The real problem I have is, Keystone, is not responsible, and will take no responsibility even when their design is the issue.

I am building the report on 4 years of my 2016 RETWE and the issue I have seen. Above is a touch of the opinion. The report is data specific. It includes: what I found, the ages, mileage, photos, videos and locations.

Stay tuned
smiles5160 is offline   Reply With Quote