View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 01:57 AM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
You should, in most places, pick up 50-60 channels from your antenna. Not all of those channels will be something you may want to watch, but should be able to find something to watch. Usually the antenna has more channels with better picture quality than the park cable service if available.
In the majority of the parks we've visited across this great country their WiFi systems were at best weak & most had a note in their park regulations stating not to be streaming tv programming.
If you have cell phone data streaming tv programming will burn through your available data pretty quickly resulting either no programing or sky high data charges or slowing the data to a point that it would take forever to watch a program due to constantly buffering.
Not sure where you camp but 50-60 channels is a bit optimistic. We get San Antonio channels when parked in our home slot in Medina County near Medina Lake and see about 40 channels; many are Spanish Language and various shopping channels. If we camp out by Camp Wood we get NO OTA channels. When we camped in Utopia we got 3 OTA channels; the LAFF channel, QVC and a crime channel. When we camp in Bandera, almost no OTA, etc etc. That is why I have Dish at home and a Wally/Playmaker in my RV. That is the ONLY reason I keep Dish at home rather than a streaming service.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote