View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

[QUOTE=gearhead;375731]I'm thinking some parks will kill the goose that laid the golden egg. I'd rather pay more money than have less room. After those crowded conditions are posted on RV park review sites they might see a drop in revenue.

I think Brent has it right. We have discussed coming back here and we will one more time to see what has transpired next fall. The problem you have, to me, is greed and knowing that the RV population is growing by leaps and bounds. Couple that to a beautiful tourist area and this is what you get.

The first time I saw the plans the sites were reasonably wide and plenty long, curving access roads with easy ingress/egress - lots of pull thrus. What I saw being put in didn't look like what I had seen the first time (plans drawn up by an engineer that did RV parks). The owner said "that guy was wasting too much space; I'm not going by that; haven't they ever heard of "as builts"?

I've never wanted, or owned, a 5th wheel and was happy with my travel trailers. I now have a deposit on a full profile 37' HC. I'm not sure I'll have any use for a 25' x 50' space....even though we love this place - and I'm not the only one of the regulars that feel that way. Yep, killing the goose that laid the golden egg sounds pretty right.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote