View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

In the keys, it's all about real estate. There's only so much sand, and if you don't float, space is limited. I can understand making 5 spaces out of the area that normally is 4 or maybe even 3, if it's in places with limited sand.

What rubbed me the wrong way was a campground just west of Hill City when we toured Custer State Park, Mt. Rushmore and that area. Real estate is "vast wide open spaces, yet the spot we reserved was taken and the campground "accommodated us" in what I think was a tent site with full hookups. We opened our "single slide" (not dual opposing slides) and the neighbor couldn't open their awning. There was a tent on the curb side for the first 4 days of our week long stay. On the 5th day, a "opposing slide toy hauler" moved in, and when they extended their slide, we didn't have room to open our entry door. They couldn't move further away because their "curb side slide" wouldn't open if they did. So, for the next 3 days, they "lived with their slide half open" and we "squeezed out of the trailer to sit in lawn chairs under the overhang of our fifth wheel.

While it's frustrating and disappointing in the Keys, at least I can understand the limited space to even put a campground, but in the mountains, in an unspoiled "vast wilderness" ??? Hmmmmmm

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote