View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #16
Frisbeekev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Michigan View Post
Would anyone who is an owner of a late model F250 Super Duty want to share their tips and experience about using it as a tow vehicle? We have a 32RLI and a Curt 10K WD hitch.

I'm looking for ideas and tips to provide a pleasant and safe towing experience.

Tires, WD hitch setup, tool storage, ... ?

Next week it will be in the stable as our 'new' tow vehicle. 2016 model with 6.2L gas engine, 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, factory towing package.

I'm not trying to be evasive with details but I don't know what other pertinent data to share.

Scott & Gin
I have the same truck as you 2016 f250 6.2 with 3:73 gears. I tow a 33 ft keystone passport 2920bh about 7000lbs dry weight. Tows like a dream. Like others I would recommend a WD hitch (14000LBS). Always check the air pressure in your truck and trailer tires. Also check the lug nuts on the camper wheels. As for tools, I have a cover on the bed of the truck so I use 2 undercover swingcases for each side of the bed. One for some tools and one for racthets bungees, and hitch pins. (They are lockable and removable). I also have a small toolbox that fits under my cover from tractor supply. I keep my tools and roadside equipment in it. It is able to be removed to haul larger items when needed in the truck.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote