View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #28
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
you'll find that members wish Keystone would have "spent just a little more" for things like tires, stereo, steps, decals, carpet, TV size/brand, appliances, awnings, windows... As you can see, if Keystone "catered to all our wishes"... They'd all be "in the Allegro Bus range" (450K+)
Keystone already does some level of build-to-order, in that you can ask for particular decor color and quality options and seating options, and the like. They could do more.

When I bought my previous rig (not a Keystone), some of the options I was offered (and had to choose before ordering) included water heater size and type, A/C size, heat pump or not, roof material, undersink filter, power awning, window shade style, different levels of sound system, powered skylight fans, and different featured thermostats.

I, personally, was bummed not to be offered the option of a heat pump A/C and powered skylight fans, because we would have sprung for it given our satisfaction with that option previously. (Lack of the fan complicates leaving your pets in the TT while you briefly visit a restaurant on the road, as you can't positively ventilate the TT in warm weather -- the wimpy bath fan doesn't do the job.)

I've never seen a rig that offered higher-quality tank probes as an option, but given how useless the vanilla probes always are, I would have sprung for those if they were offered.

I don't demand that everybody else be stuck with the cost of such upgrade choices, but it would have been so nice to be offered the option, especially for a drop-in replacement part like the A/C.