View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
ajk170

I had a similar problem recently with my 2015 316RL and the living room slide. The initial symptoms for about 12 months were the slide would shudder as it would come in. I assumed it was out of ailignment and then the last symptom was it would stop, I would release the button and re-press and it would continue. Finally it just stopped one day when I was bringing it back in. The DW then held the button down and myself with another camper pushed on the outside of the slide and it went in without a problem. Upon getting home I took it to our local RV repair place in El Paso(NOT CW) and they diagnosed it as the motor. $200 dollars for the motor and 2 hours labor now it seems to work better than before. Full disclosure- I had CW of JAX repair a simplistic symptom of the suffering back in early 2016 and they did not do as good of job on adjusting the cables as I expected for their hourly rate (charged me 4 hours and I’m being polite as to the quality of their work). So when’s rue symptom resurfaced, I just lived with what I thought was out of adjustment. Maybe it was and that contributed to the failure of the motor(?)
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote