View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 06:26 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

From my perspective, and I'm not saying it's the only or even the best one, the OP's priority is to get a trailer with the basic amenities of the Cougar that can be towed by his current truck. That trailer is going to be difficult to find.

Most RV manufacturers produce "competitive models" that try to "one up the competition", so finding the floorplan with similar size tanks, similar features is going to also be similar in size and weight. Eliminating features changes the "appeal of that model" and changing tank sizes, appliance sizes or length (size) of the trailer are features of that model. Changing any of that changes the "appeal". How much that change means is different for each family.

Are there trailers that can be safely towed by the OP's truck? Certainly that answer is a resounding "YES". Are they going to have the floorplan, space and features of the Cougar model, the trailer his DW wants? The answer to that is a "less firm, NO".

The decision, ultimately depends on the OP and his DW. What is important, what can we live without, what is best for our family and the way we want to use the trailer we buy? They may find that a smaller trailer is acceptable, they may find that the Cougar (or larger) is the only acceptable choice and upgrading the tow vehicle is the best option.

What works for me, what works for someone else may not be what works for the OP and his family.

IMHO, that's why Baskin Robins has been so successful. With 31 different choices, there's something for everyone and standing in line, there are no "wrong choices", they all come in either a cone or a cup..... Something for everyone

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote