View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Several years ago before installing disconnect switch I went through the "can't believe I'm that dumb" moment. It was the first trip of the season. Camper on AC with fridge running at home. Hitched up, drove 3 1/2 hrs to cg and set up. Everything worked great. End of stay broke down normal routine, put away hoses, pulled shore power, etc. Slide was still out so when in and the slide wouldn't retract. Oh SHUCKS ( edited for family friendly forum). Got out the manual crank and brought the slide in. Camper getting warm, laying on my belly and the six cervical spine surgeries are making their presences known. Finish that fight and go to hitch up and the tongue jack doesn't work! That's when it hit me. I had pulled the neg battery cable and in my haste forgot it. That was the weekend I bought the battery disconnect switch. Lesson learned, years ago when I learned how to fly you religiously went by a check list. Now I do that with the camper, and yes always check the simple stuff first (often overlooked).
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote