View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 05:14 AM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
Looks like I could be wrong again...this is our first RV I understood from our dealer up here in Canada, that the PDI was something they did before your orientation and delivery? They do a thorough inspection of everything making sure all is good. Then you have the orientation/demo of your new RV. Am I wrong or is that the normal thing?
I actually did my own PDI when I had my hitch installed and pointed out a bunch of issues which hopefully will be taken care of before pick up on May 17...I'll be sending our dealer a friendly reminder next week
The dealer should do this before delivery, most people use the term for both. Pre Delivery Inspection before delivery by the dealer in most cases is like a dealer prep. Install items not installed at the factory, check over the unit for defects and correct. Mistakes happen and things can get missed as is human nature. The customer when taking possession should be checking that things work and get oriented to the paperwork (appliance manuals etc.) and informed where things are and how they work.
Every new vehicle purchased my dealer sat down and went over the owners manual, warranties and maintenance schedules before going out and explaining all the controls and how they work, from the radio to where the fuel cap is. Back in the 1980's I test drove a new Mercury Marquise, loved the car but negotiated a deal on one with more options. When that car was ready they handed me the keys and said congratulations. I demanded a test drive first and they thought I was crazy. So off we (salesman and myself) go down the road and the steering wheel was off. Drove right to my front end shop, with salesman and had it checked. Yup, brand new car was wrecked (later found out on the transport truck) and the frame was bent. That exercised saved me a lot of trouble and cost a little time.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote