View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
Looks like I could be wrong again...this is our first RV I understood from our dealer up here in Canada, that the PDI was something they did before your orientation and delivery? They do a thorough inspection of everything making sure all is good. Then you have the orientation/demo of your new RV. Am I wrong or is that the normal thing?
I actually did my own PDI when I had my hitch installed and pointed out a bunch of issues which hopefully will be taken care of before pick up on May 17...I'll be sending our dealer a friendly reminder next week

Yes, there is "supposed" to be a dealer PDI before the trailer is delivered. But, as we've seen on this and other forums many times, that fails to happen and then the new owner gets to "find" all sorts of issues that should have been found, and fixed, on the dealer PDI. I received a pink? sheet from the dealer when I bought this one that listed all the things they found and what they did. It was their way of telling me it was good to go. I told them that I would do my own PDI with them. They were a bit quizzical so I told them we would do a walk thru/new owner orientation but I wanted to hook everything up and see how they worked. Went well, and over 3 hours later we were done; note pad filled out and a video. I FORGOT the black tank flush and it was the VERY first thing to fail (installed backward)!! So if they don't want to do a 2nd PDI, or want to charge you for it, just tell them you want to do a VERY thorough walk thru/orientation
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote