View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #59
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The Fire Dept. remark was a serious one to emphasise the potential danger. Some folks don't think things are serious unless a point is driven. As far as a "giant piece of ply" that only comes in 4' X 8' size. Just curious and maybe you have answered this already but have you given this a sniff test? Looking at the photos I would think the vinyl flooring would be melted before it scorched. It appears as though the wood grain pattern is unaffected. I would also suspect surface water as water intrusion from below would leave staining on the wood below. Unfortunately none of us know what happened to the unit at the factory or the dealer. Could be the dealer mopped the floor before delivery and left water there, could be the flooring was peeling up and some improper glue was used around the register hole. I hope you find the solution so your mind will be at ease. As an aside, I don't know where you are from but I know the Clarksburg, WV area well. Had relatives that lived outside of there towards Salem years ago. That's a very scenic area with nice folks.
Thanks, I did see some glue that seems to be puffing out, almost I suppose the way wood glue does, but it's pliable and rubbery when I touch it. I took the register out and smelled, there's no smell that I can notice that offers mold or mildew, etc. I did find an RV center that might be willing to send one of their guys out. Maybe they could hear the desperation in my voice.

Aside from that, we were in Clarksburg for work, both originally from WV, but praying we get to travel the country sooner than later!
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote