View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #23
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHBama View Post
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-63584.html

I know I know, Harbor Freight. I bought the Predator 3500 on sale for $650 last year. Last time I used it was tailgating at a football game in November. Pulled it out of the garage this past weekend and it fired up on the 1st try. Very Quiet. Now 3 years from now I may be singing a different tune but for the cost it was worth it.
I also have the Predator 3500 Invertor generator from HF...paid $699, but on-sale $679. It has been flawless for me, really is VERY quiet, and runs my 15K BTU A/C and still have lots of headroom for other TT requirements.

I personally wouldn't go with a 2KW generator, plus or minus, as it's just too marginal for a TT with A/C. YMMV... Pay attention to the other post that talks about hidden electricity draws. If you do choose a 2KW, HF also has the 2KW version invertor generator, at $649, less on sale.

FWIW...talked to a Honda representative yesterday at the Great American Outdoor Show yesterday in Harrisburg, PA. I brought up the Predator 3500 and 2000. He just stammered, and had no rationale comeback. He actually acquiesced that they are not likely to win their court case for patent infringement.

Good luck with your choice!

Regards,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote