View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
KCSA75

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
William, as mentioned they are low point drains to be used when you winterize your RV. You can open all your faucets throughout your trailer and open the valves on the drains and the water will all flow out onto the ground leaving very little in your system. Your fresh water tank will have a drain also. Keep in mind that this action is only a starter for the winterization process. The system still needs to be either blown out with compressed air (completely) or antifreeze pumped into the system. You will find a shut-off at the water heater so that it can be drained instead of filling it with antifreeze. If you do a search on this forum or use your friend Google there will be specific directions to be found. I'll also bet that you can find a video of your particular unit on Youtube.com.
Thank you. The camper has been sitting for a week in it's storage spot the temps were suppposed to drop so I had to winterize the other day. The first thing I did was open both and some water drained out of each one. I closed them back up and by-passed the water heater (I've read up on this subject since buying the Cougar last month but didn't see anything about these drains ) before pumping in the anti-freeze.

I'm probably going to get more practice as we want to camp as many more times as we can before winter sets in for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
If their not low point drains they could be overflow drains from your fresh water tank. I had some on my last toy hauler that when the tank got full they would release the pressure and let out water when tank was overfull. That's what mine looked like on the ends also.
I was pretty sure they weren't for fresh water as the FW tank in in the back of the coach and there is a separate drain valve back there. I figured that out the first time I filled the FW tank and discovered the drain was open.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller
KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote