View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 04:12 PM   #36
32feetoffun

Sway control or not?

I'm definitely not in the "flaunt it" category, and it's definitely not because I don't understand a proper towing setup. I stand behind my decision to purchase a Hensley.

There are many good points on all sides. There is no doubt that practice with your setup will make you better. Know how to load you rig, both TT and TV. Too many people assume "if it fits..." or "if I can attach it to my TT bumper...". This is foolish and can lead to catastrophe.

I completely agree that many people drive around with improperly setup WDH, that's a byproduct of lack of experience/failure to know their setups. Also a bad combination. There are plenty of good sway "control" setups, but it really does come down to how much you trust that setup with the safety of your passengers. If you're good with your setup than that's fine.

For me, a $2200 reconditioned Hensley wasn't a significant jump from a $600-$700 sway control WDH setup.

It's not a contest to see who's setup is better. Let's remember these forums are designed for getting info out to those who have questions. My goal is to learn and get better and safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32feetoffun is offline   Reply With Quote