View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 08:54 AM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32feetoffun View Post
You may be correct about the trailer being loaded improperly and the driver speeding and driving in an other than safe manner. He may well have wrecked no matter what his hitch setup. But that accident was a sway incident. That accident would not have occurred with a Hensley.

All that to say, I completely agree that some other accident would have certainly occurred if the driver was negligent in his driving or his loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree to a point. If you watch the video of the vehicle passing right at the start you will see that the truck/trailer was "sucked" toward the semi long before it got past him. A Hensley will not prevent that. At that point the driver apparently initiated the sway by not knowing how to compensate for the pulling of the trailer. IF the driver was competent, driving properly and had a good WDH/SC that should have never happened - the action caused by passing a semi happens virtually every time and should not cause what the video shows. I'm not trying to debate the merits of a Hensley - they are a good hitch but they won't prevent every trailer accident that's caused by wind/semis/incompetent drivers etc. The OP inquired about the use of a WDH/SC with his truck. I think the consensus is that he needs one - what kind, with a 350, would be up to him.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote