View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
El_Sifon

LED Light Stays On

My 2017 Laredo had an LED light above the kitchen window that turns on when touched. One evening it wouldn't turn off. I eventually pulled the fused to turn it off. The next morning I turned it on and again, I couldn't turn it off. I again pulled the fuse to turn it off.
Later that day I went outside to watch TV and noticed that the TV cabinet light had been on since the day before. On a hunch I went inside and turned on the kitchen light. Again it wouldn't turn off. I went outside and turn off the TV cabinet light then I went inside tested the kitchen light. It turned off when I touched it. So now I'm thinking this is a clever way to let the occupants know that the outside TV cabinet light is on.
Then last night it happened again but when I checked the outside TV cabinet light it was off. So now I'm thinking that maybe there's something on outside but I can't find anything on.
Now I'm thinking that the kitchen light is defective and not a clever way to check that an outside light is on. And of course there's no mention in any documentation that the kitchen light is anything more than just a kitchen light.
Any thoughts? Has anyone had a similar experience with these touch lights? I will probably change these touch lights with old school LED lights with on/off switches. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations?
El_Sifon is offline   Reply With Quote