Thread: Bumper liner
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 08:59 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Yes, I've seen those fencepost builds and have been quite enamored of them. While assembling the carrier itself would be an enjoyable project, the work involved in mounting them under the frame seems too daunting for me. Not only do I not look forward to removing coroplast panels simply to determine where it is safe to drill holes behind them, I seem to have developed an actual positional vertigo that is triggered by assuming the creeper position.

My current non-trivial project is to raise my dinette seatbacks 1.5" to accommodate the improved, thicker seatcushions I purchased without realizing these consequences. Indoors, woodwork, and well above ground level makes this an ideal challenge for me.

Undercarriage on my back? Not my forte anymore.
No need to be afraid of mounting a "fence post hose holder" under your trailer. No need to remove anything, drill any holes in the frame, weld or cuss or fidget at all....

Just get some appropriate length 1/4" bolts (I used 6" bolts) and 4 of these handy clamps. Thread the bolts into the bottom hole, slip the clamp over the I-beam lip and tighten the upper bolt. One on each side of the fence post and then do the other end the same way. Just use a piece of perforated metal bar under the fence post mod to support the assembly and keep the two 1/4" bolts aligned properly.

My "fence post mod" has been in place for almost 10 years, towed well over 40K miles and never loosened the first clamp....

Here's the clamps: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Adamax/5002818473
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I BEAM CLAMP.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	43014   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0631.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	43015  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4