View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 03:46 AM   #38
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

We've been down this same road so many times and this issue never gets solved.

There are two issues here: can I tow it and should I tow it. The tower has to make the choice on these. People can chime in with their opinions, and they will, when asked these questions.

Those who have been there, me included, will always advocate for towing within the posted limits of the TV. Those who haven't been there will advocate that pushing the limits of the TV is ok, because they've done it, survived and it's ok.

For newbies, the forum will always advocate for towing within the limits. That's the safe and responsible thing to do for someone who asks. Telling someone who is inexperienced that sure they can do it is irresponsible. There is a huge difference between an experienced tower pulling overweight and an inexperienced tower pulling overweight. I for one could not and would not want to put someone in a situation they are not prepared for.

You may do it and feel comfortable doing it. But remember, they are not you. They have different life experiences, different talents, and different equipment. Just because you do it does not mean that everyone should do it. That's really the bottom line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote