View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #31
captcolour

Continuing the discussion from "over there" at the truck forum:

"Those forums (RV forums) are full of weight police fear mongers that arm chair engineer more than actually tow. Most of us won't go anywhere near them... Personally, I won't even read on RV forums, never mind post due to the lack of sense and sanity... I think you should be concerned with physical limitations. Legal issues are EXTREMELY rare and if they do happen AND are your fault, that's what insurance is for." [glad he isn't here!]

Or this "wisdom":

"The Manufacturers are just giving you recommendations, that's all. Ford doesn't make Law. The States and the Feds do. You get Dewey, Cheatum and Howe to sue me because I'm over a manufacturer's RECOMMENDED Load rating and the Judge will laugh him out of Court. Then I'll take everything he owns for filing a frivolous lawsuit. Now..... There is reckless and dangerous and that is certainly actionable. But just being a few pounds over a Manufacturers recommended weight, towing, whatever??"

No where on the stickers or in the manual does it say these weights are RECOMMENDATIONS!
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote